DIY: create your own designer Apple Watch band
Designer Apple watch bands come in a variety of features, however, they are pricy. It is hard to keep up your style by purchasing different types of designer Apple watch bands to fit every outfit. For this reason, you can use some DIY tips to make your own designer apple watch band to still remain stylish and unique. Here’s how to customize your designer Apple Watchband:
• The Apple Watch comes with either a 38 mm/40mm/41mm or 42mm/44mm/45mm aluminum case.
• If you don’t like the look of the metal band, you can remove it and replace it with a leather band.
• You can remove the metal band by simply pushing one side away from you, while at the same time pulling the band upwards.
• Now, you have your Apple Watch without its original band. The next step is to install an aftermarket Apple Watch strap in its place. The Apple website gives instructions for installing the watch strap.
• Finally, with a little bit of creativity and/or inspiration from pictures you find online, you can purchase a different watch band to create your own unique Apple Watch design.
You can use fabric chalk or else a water-soluble pen to draw a design on a piece of leather, vinyl, or satin. It’s up to you how you want your Apple Watch band to look like! You can even use markers or high-quality pens for your designer Apple Watch band if you’re feeling lucky.
Once your drawing is done, let it dry. We suggest that you use a hairdryer to speed up this process. Once it’s completely dry, put the leather band in the oven for about 15 minutes at 60 degrees Celsius or until your drawing is burned into the material. You can also try ironing it under a piece of cloth if you don’t have an oven available.
When you’re done, you have a customized Apple Watch band!
Step 2: Cleaning Up Your Leather Band
If you need to clean up your leather band, and give it a shinier look, use some shoe polish cream. Put the cream on the rag and gently rub it into the leather. Then wipe off all of the excess creams and use a clean piece of cloth to buff the leather until it shines.
Step 3: Fixing Up Your Leather Band Edges
Put some heavy-duty glue inside the stitching holes and press together with a toothpick for about 20 seconds until the stitching has been set.
Congratulations! You now have a beautiful and unique Apple Watch band that nobody else will ever have.
- A few tools and supplies: You will need a cutting board (wood or plastic), an X-acto knife, super glue, and a ruler.• Design your own Apple Watch band: The base is 20mm wide, and there are 8 different profiles you can choose from to get the look that best suits your style.
- Measure twice, cut once: Take the Apple Watch band that you’re taking apart and hold it up to your wrist; then measure the exact length (in millimeters) from end-to-end.
- Time to get to work: Using your ruler, mark where you’ll make each cut with a pencil. Cut along the lines with your X-acto knife.
- Leave the best for last: Cut just enough of the Apple Watch band to remove the different layers. Because you’ll be gluing them back together, we recommend leaving a few millimeters of material on both end and cutting down the middle (for each side).
- Use your ruler: To make sure you’re gluing the Apple Watch band back together properly, measure down both sides of each cut to make sure they’re the same length.
- Glue it back together: Apply super glue to either end of one side, then hold it in place until its set. Do the same for the other side.
- Get comfortable: Take your new custom-made Apple Watch band for a test drive. You can use your cut-up Apple watch band as a template to create more bands.
Get a strand of rubber bands. These can be found at your local dollar store or you can buy them online. Pick the color(s) you would like to use for your Apple Watch band, and wrap it around your wrist until it is as tight as you would want. Cut off the excess rubber band using scissors, measure this against your wrist, and cut the rubber band to this size for your Apple Watch band.
You’ve got a base material for your Apple Watch band. Now get some of your favorite beads or charms and place them on one end of the rubber band strand. If you’re having trouble getting any kind of grip with these items we recommend using a hot glue gun to attach them onto the rubber band strand. Make sure you use a large enough bead or charm so that it will not fit through the opening on your Apple Watch’s metal adapters.
You can now begin to wrap this rubber band strand around your wrist to measure how long you want it to be for your Apple Watch and cut the excess rubber band off. Now take your Apple Watch and attach it to one end of this rubber band strand by placing the metal adapters through the holes and attaching them to your watch’s side buttons. You can now slide on or your preferred beads or charms that you’ve attached using a hot glue gun, which will cover up the ends of the rubber band strand and keep them in place.
You can now slide your watch up and down this rubber band strand depending on how tight or lose you want to wear it. If need be, you may use a second rubber band strand to secure the ends together so that they don’t split apart when slid up or down the first rubber band strand.
You can now customize this rubber band strand further by adding more beads or charms from an online source to personalize your Apple Watch band even more. If you’re looking for a more professional look, consider getting a leather bracelet and cutting it down to the right size so that it will fit your wrist perfectly. This way you will have a designer Apple Watch band that no one else will have.