Today is going to be all about words and how you can easily make your own word art. Words and letters are really popular at the moment and this project will make for a great Christmas present. Since it's going to be hand-painted by you, it will be even more special.
- frame with a hard backing / piece of wood-board
- black paint
- white paint
- a printout of your words
- a pencil
1. Paint the frame backing/board black and let it dry.
2. Print out the words so they match the size of you frame. I used an A4 frame and the printouts below the pictures, will all fit an A4 frame/board
3. Take your printout and cover the backside with chalk. Now place the printout with the chalk facing down against the painted surface (make sure the paint is dry). Secure with tape.
4. Take your pencil and trace around the letters. This will make the chalk rub of on the surface. Try not to drag your hand to much over the paper, to avoid smearing out the chalk, while tracing. When done, lift paper and you can now see your traced letters on the board.
5. Next step takes a bit of patience. You'l now have to fill out all the letters with white paint. This step requires you to let it dry in between, so you avoid smearing out the paint. The easiest way is to first paint along the edges of the letters and then fill them with paint.
6. When the paint has dried, take a cloth and wipe of the excess chalk.
Now you're done and you can frame your words :-)
Click on any of the word pictures to download or print.
Merry 3. December.
/Annika & Sussi